To play as a registered individual in any MZU league, you must be all of the following:
1. At least 18 years of age
- If a player turns 18 after the season begins, they are eligible to be recruited by a team seeking additional players or to put their name on the waitlist and enter the league if space is available
2. Be registered with the league
3. Have paid the MZU membership fee for the respective league
4. Have paid the Ultimate NL membership fee for the current year
5. Be a member in good standing of Ultimate Newfoundland and Labrador (Ultimate NL)
6. Be a member in good standing of Mile Zero Ultimate (MZU)
- Suspended players may not take part in any aspect of the game, including coaching the team from the sidelines.
7. To play in MZU playoffs as a registered player, a player must have played in at least 25% (round up if necessary) of regular season game (as either a sub or registered player) with that same team.
To play as a substitute player in any MZU league, individuals must meet the following criteria:
1. Be at least 18 years of age
- If a player turns 18 after the season begins, they are eligible to play as a substitute player after their 18th birthday.
2. Not be suspended from MZU or any other Ultimate NL leagues.
3. Be registered as a substitute player with an online profile at milezeroultimate.com, or be already registered for the current league in which they are subbing.
4. Not have already subbed in the maximum number of games allowed during current season
If a player does not meet the above criteria and plays in a game (besides special circumstances approved by the Board), disciplinary action may be taken and the game will automatically be considered a default. Learn more about defaults here.