When a game is defaulted, the Captains still need to enter the scores via the Game Reporting Tool and select ‘Forfeited’. The result is as follows:
- The defaulting team loses 7-0.
- The winning team gets a spirit score that matches the league average at the time of the game, and the losing team gets 0.
Teams can default in one of 3 ways:
1/ When a team plays an ineligible player(s) or breaks another major rule/policy as determined by the Board
2/ When a team does not have the minimum number of players ready to play the game.
7 on 7 Leagues:
- A team defaults 30 minutes into their time slot if they do not have the min # of players.
5 on 5 Leagues:
- A team defaults 20 minutes into their time slot if they do not have the min # of players.
3/ If a Captain fails to enter their scores within 36 hours for two consecutive weeks.
- Prompt score entry helps with releasing a schedule on time. Failure to enter a score within 36 hours of a game ending is justification for a VP league to declare the second game a default.
- If you are having technology issues, or your Captain is away, please contact email@example.com.