For the 2019 Winter Build-It-Yourself League, we are planning to use the bye format again (similar to Winter 2018), to give more teams the opportunity to play. We have space for 30 teams in this league, and we are asking that all interested captains fill out the form here. The form closes Friday, February 15th, 2019 at midnight.
If you are a captain looking for players, or a player/group looking for a team, you can use the matchmaking form here.
- Season: Winter 2019
- League Name: Winter Build-It-Yourself League
- Team Composition: 10 player minimum, with a minimum 5 of each gender, as per a new gender equity initiative (explained below)
- Field Composition: 5 on 5, Gender Ratio to follow variation of WFDF Ratio Rule ‘A’ (explained below), other team required to match
- Fields: Techniplex (TPX)
- Format: 30 teams, Speedpoint with USAU+MZU Rules
Regular Season: Mondays from 8pm to 12am, February 25 – April 29, 2019 (10 week duration, with 2 bye weeks per team)
Playoffs: Monday, May 6, 2019 from 7pm to 12 am (all teams make the playoffs)
Team Fee: TBD, depending on number of teams
- Jerseys: NOT provided in Registration
- Registration Schedule:
- Expression of Interest Form closes Friday, February 15th at midnight.
- Lottery (if required) will take place on Saturday February 16th.
- Registration opens Saturday, February 16th and closes Friday, February 22nd at midnight. Captains will be responsible for paying the team fee and inviting their players to their team on the website (more details will follow).
- Any teams that have not completed registration by Friday, February 22nd will be removed from the league, allowing teams to be added from the waitlist.
- League play starts Monday, February 25th.
WFDF Gender Ratio Rule ‘A’ Variation for Speedpoint:
For example: Team A wins the flip and starts on defense with 3 female-matching players and 2 male-matching players. This ratio stands for the entire first half. After halftime at :30, the ratio switches to the reverse; 3 male-matching and 2 female-matching players, and this ratio stands for the entire second half.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.