Get ready for the Crown and Anchor Fall League – Outdoor Fall Hat League!
- Team Composition: 10 players, with a composition of 5 male-matching and 5 female-matching players per team (may change based on registration numbers).
- Note: Hat teams are built to blend experienced, intermediate, and beginner players on each team, to try to achieve skill parity between teams and to allow newer players to learn from more experienced players.
- Field Composition: 5v5 (the best format given registration numbers)
- Fields: King George V Turf Field
- Format: Zuluru Ranking System, USAU+MZU Rules, pull after each point
- Team Building: Space for 18 teams (108 female-matching and 108 male-matching players), MZU Board Team Building
- Registration: Begins: Thursday, August 12th, noon / Ends: Friday, September 3rd, midnight (or when full)
- Registration now closed.
- Signup: Register as an individual or in pairs
- When: Sunday nights, games at 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm (55 minute games)
- Duration: 6 weeks – September 12th – October 24th (no game Thanksgiving Sunday)
- Cost: $26 per individual + applicable UNL fees
- Jerseys: NOT provided in Registration
- QVB x MZU reversible jerseys available for purchase until August 29th. Details here.
COVID-19 Return to Play Guidelines
The provincial government, Sport NL, and Ultimate NL all worked together to create guidelines for sports during COVID 19. While cases are low, vaccinations are up, and some restrictions are relaxing, we continue to follow the guidelines that apply to Ultimate:
Please review these documents as players are required to sign a release of liability and declaration of compliance stating they’ve read and understand these documents.
Here is a note on some of the guidelines that apply specifically to our league.
1. Sign applicable waivers and pay for your Ultimate NL membership.
2. Do not come to a game if feeling sick or unwell, and fill out the province’s online self assessment before each game.
3. Practice physical distancing (2m) on the sidelines at all times.
4. Bring your own hand sanitizer to sanitize your hands before games.
5. If you bring a disc, clean your disc before use.
6. Refrain from touching your face.
7. High fives, handshakes, team huddles, spitting/nasal clearing and spirit circles are not permitted.
8. Do not share food, water, athletic aids (foam rollers), etc.
1. Only pick up subs that have signed the applicable waivers, and that have paid for their Ultimate NL membership.
2. Ensure that only the co-captains handle equipment (cones, scoreboard etc). If there are painted lines at a field, do not set up cones.
3. Record your team’s attendance at the game to assist with contact tracing if needed (tracking sheet will be provided before first game).
By signing up for a league, you are agreeing to a certain level of risk. Although physical distancing of 2m is recommended at all times, we realize that at points, a player might enter another player’s “bubble.” Here’s some things that we’re recommending to address this:
– The “disc space” rule will be changed so that the player marking the person with the disc cannot be within 2m of that player. If you have the disc, call “disc space” if your defender comes within 2m.
– Players and spectators must maintain physical distancing on the sidelines at all times.
– On defense, try to mark the same player throughout the game. Ten contacts with one other player is better than 1 contact with 10 different players.
– Instead of the defensive player tapping the disc when ready, the offensive player can ask if they’re ready, then tap the ground with the disc to begin.
– Sanitize the disc as much as possible.
Sincere thanks for your cooperation and patience as we continue to play ultimate during COVID-19. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.