Place an order for a disc by clicking the blue button to the right, we’ll even deliver them for you!
Registration is officially closed and the Board is busy at work building teams this weekend, but if you would like to be placed on the waitlist, please sign up via the Waitlist button the the right.
Here’s how to do register:
1. Click on Create Account in the left hand menu (EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO THIS)
2. Follow the steps and create your account
3. Then, go to Registration -> Wizard in the left hand menu
4. Select the MZU Summer League Waitlist option
5. Fill out the fields and click submit
Any questions, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
** IF YOU MISSED THE DEADLINE, YOU WILL NOT GET A JERSEY **
If you’re gonna join us for a summer of fun and frisbee, sign up NOW! Details are in the post below 🙂
It’s our 10th anniversary, and we’re more excited than ever to launch Summer League registration!
– YOU NEED TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT
– FIRST ADD THE UNL FEE TO YOUR CART, THEN THE REG FEE. THEN PAY.
– IF YOU GET AN ERROR MESSAGE, TRY A NEW BROWSER.
All Other Questions Answered Below!
Other Important Points
Cost: $80 (includes your yearly $30 UNL fee)
Team Composition: 14 player minimum, with a minimum of 6 of either gender
Field Composition: 7 on 7, with a minimum of 3 of each gender (the other team is NOT requred to match)
Fields: Kitty Gaul, Mary Queen of Peace, and Brother Egan
Signing Up: Register as individuals, pairs, groups or a full team of 14 (or more)
Team Building: Teambuilding by our Board where necessary
Registration: Open now and ends May 2nd
Duration: 12 weekly games from June-August (playoffs are typically the last weekend before Labour Day)
Jerseys: Included. Those who sign up before registration officially closes as advertised by MZU will receive a team jersey. After the registration cut off date for Summer League, a player will not receive a team jersey. The cost of registration will not be decreased for players who register late – besides the normal decrease due to the prorated price schedule.
League Structure: Ladder structure – visit our FAQs to learn more about it.
Hi MZUers, welcome to our new website (insert oohs and aahs here)! We’d like to take this opportunity to answer a few questions…
Q. Wait! Where’s all the winter league info?
A. Don’t worry, just click on ‘View the Old Site’ to the right and that’ll take you to all the information you need.
Q. Why are you guys changing websites… again?
A. It’s not cause we love making websites, that’s for sure. Two main reasons we switched over:
1. We needed more flexibility in our backend – particularly the ability to run multiple leagues at once. As a growing league, we want to be able to better adapt to the needs of the Ultimate community, and this will allow us to do it in a much easier way. So, for registration, leagues, standings, etc… we have moved to Zuluru, an open source web-based sports league management application that was designed specifically for Ultimate.
2. Greater control over content – we’ve moved over to WordPress, which will allow us as a Board to offer more content and features on our website. Overall, it makes our job a lot easier.
Q. So, what are the major differences?
Well, besides it being a lot easier for us as a Board, you will notice that the standings, registration, teams, scores, etc… won’t look as pretty. They actually will link out to the Zuluru site. All the information will still be there, don’t worry, but it will look a little plain for a bit. We are working on integrating it better in the site, but for the time being, don’t judge the book by its cover.
If you’d like to buy a disc, we have lots of our 10th anniversary discs for sale – only $15! Bring exact change and find Boardie Justin Frampton at the fields to get yours!
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28th at HUMPHRY’s PUB
This is a forum to discuss and bring forward new ideas for how we run MZU’s biggest league. Maybe we’ll change things up, maybe we won’t, because we need to hear from YOU and what YOU want from it.
We always hear lots of great ideas, but the 11 minds on the MZU board can’t do it alone. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Topics of discussion will include:
– Competition vs. Recreational
– Nights of the week we play on
– League structure
– Multiple games a week
To ensure we get everyone’s opinions… we’re splitting it up into 2 sessions, please do your best to attend the one that applies to you.
6:30 – 7:50: Tiers 4-7 (or if you would yourself a “rec” player)
8:00 – 9:20: Tiers 1-3 (or if you consider yourself a “competitive” player)
In no way is one more/less important than the other, we just want to create collaborative atmosphere’s where our more competitive and rec teams can chat.
MZU has a pretty small team of organizers, and to do bigger and better things, we need your help. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to lend a hand, tasks may include…
– Equipment/field maintenance
– Setting up fields
– Team building
– Merch delivery
– Other pretty general duties
Earlier this year, MZU asked members to fill out a Fall League Survey. With 50-ish responses, we got a lot of amazing feedback AND a lot of questions/concerns we felt the need to address. Read below or click on the link to read some Q&A on MZU and Fall League in particular.