Summer League Schedule Update
- This year, we have an odd number of teams signed up for the MZU Summer League. In order to accommodate the odd number of teams, the schedule this summer will look a bit different than seasons past.
- Historically, teams have played one game per week during the regular season, which in this league would be 11 regular season games (June 4th – August 15th).
- With an odd number of teams though, not every team will have an opponent each week, meaning that one team will need to have a bye each week. Since there are 11 regular season weeks, 11 teams will receive a bye. The 11 teams to receive a bye week were chosen at random, and can be seen in the chart below.
- However, we want to ensure that every team gets the 11 games that they were promised. So, every team that receives a bye week will get to make up that game in a week that they already have a game. This will result in one week where those teams either play Tuesday and Thursday, or a double header on the same night. More details about these make-up games for teams with a bye week will come in the following weeks. No teams will have two games in Week 1 though.
- As noted in the chart below, teams seeded 1st – 12th will play on Thursday nights for the first 6 weeks. Teams seeded 13th-25th will play on Tuesday nights for the first 6 weeks. The week of July 15th, this schedule will flip. Top half will then play on Tuesdays and bottom half on Thursdays.
- If, at any time throughout the season, your team moves from the bottom to top half, or vice versa, your night of play could change. Check the online schedule weekly to verify your game night/time for that week.
- The detailed schedule for Week 1 will come sometime next week.
- Playoffs are the week of August 19th, and Playoff Day is Saturday August 24th. More details about the playoff schedule will come closer to the playoffs.