Fees for each league are determined by the Board of Directors in advance of each league and are collected via PayPal only. All fees must be paid to be considered registered. In addition to the MZU league registration fees, players must pay an annual fee, always as individuals, to Ultimate Newfoundland and Labrador (Ultimate NL).
Individual Player Registration Fees: Each player pays their registration fee themselves
Ultimate NL Fees: To be paid separately via Ultimate NL’s website: Ultimate NL Membership.
- Prorated Fees: Any member registering late for a MZU League will be required to pay a fee based upon a pro-rated system. Fees will be pro-rated on a per week basis, based on the following week on the schedule. For example, a request in week 3 of a 12 week league would receive an invoice for weeks 4 through 12.
Team Registration Fees: The Captain pays the entire registration fee for their team. By paying the team registration fee, the Captain assumes all responsibility for fee collection within their team. MZU does not take responsibility, nor will it get involved, in fee collection disputes within teams.
- Ultimate NL Fees: To be paid separately via Ultimate NL’s website: Ultimate NL Membership.
Refunds will be given only under the following circumstances:
- Individual Player Registration Refunds:
- By request of a player in writing before the first day of play of any given league. A full refund of league fees will be issued minus the amounts detailed below.
- By request of a player in writing as a result of an injury that prevents them from playing in the remainder of the season.
- Requests must be supported by written documentation from an attending physician or other medical professional clearly stating that the player is unable to play for the majority of the remainder of the season.
- The physician’s note need not accompany the refund request, but must be submitted within 4 weeks of the request.
- A pro-rated refund will be issued, minus the amounts detailed in the section below. Refunds will be pro-rated on a per week basis, based on the following week on the schedule. For example, a request in week 3 of a 12 week league would get a refund for weeks 4 through 12.
- Team Registration Refunds:
- By request of the Captain in writing a week before the first day of play of any given league. A full refund of league fees will be issued minus the amounts detailed below.
- Refunds will be given to the Captain. This method will remove all players and the team from the league.
Any refunds will be subject to the following deductions:
- Any PayPal fees, that may be incurred.
- Any merchandise (and its associated cost) that has been ordered on the player’s behalf (notably, summer league jerseys). Such merchandise will be delivered to the player.
- Any fees or memberships collected by the league and remitted to third parties on the player’s behalf, such as the Ultimate NL membership.
Ultimate NL fees are paid on an annual basis by all players in Newfoundland and Labrador. Fees are calculated using June 1st to May 31st as the base program year. Because fees are directly related to services members receive, registration is pro-rated depending on the time of year that a player applies for membership. The fee structure is broken down as follows:
- Annual Membership (June 1st to May 31st) – Paid by December 31st: $30
- Winter Membership (Jan 1st to May 31st) – Paid Jan 1 or later: $15