Registration opens Friday December 7th at noon. Register here.
- Season: Winter 2019
- League Name: Winter Toque League
- Team Composition: 10 players, with a composition of 5 males and 5 females
- Field Composition: 5 on 5, Gender Ratio to follow WFDF Ratio Rule ‘A’ (explained below), other team required to match
- Fields: Techniplex (3 fields)
- Format: 18 teams, Zuluru Ranking System, Speedpoint with USAU + MZU Rules
- Team Building: MZU Board Team Building
- Registration: Begins: Friday, December 7th, noon / Ends: Wednesday, January 2nd, midnight (or when full)
- Signup: Register as an individual or in pairs
- When: Monday nights from 8-11pm (55 minute games)
Game 1: 8:00 PM, Field 1-3
Game 2: 9:00 PM, Field 1-3
Game 3: 10:00 PM, Field 1-3
- Duration: 7 weeks – January 7th to February 18th
- Cost: $60 per individual + applicable UNL fees
- Age Requirement: All MZU leagues are 18+. Due to a recent by-law change, Junior Members shall be any person who will be 18 years of age by December 31st in their first year of play in the league, who has paid the registration fee in a timely manner
- Jerseys: NOT provided in Registration
Are you completely new to MZU? Why not give our Winter Toque League a try! As part of our New Player incentive, sign up for our Winter Toque League and save $10 off the $60 registration fee*!
*When registering, you will be asked to pay the $60 fee. Please pay this amount in full. Once registration has closed, we will issue a refund of $10 back to all new players.*
Variation of WFDF Ratio Rule ‘A’ for Speedpoint Format:
At the start of the game, after the first disc flip, an additional disc flip happens with the winner selecting the gender ratio for the first half of the game. Halftime for all games will be designated at :30 to ensure equal playing time for both halves. For the second half, the ratio must be the reverse of the first half.
For example: Team A wins the flip and starts on defense with 3 women, 2 men. This ratio stands for the entire first half. After halftime at :30, the ratio switches to 3 men, 2 women, and this ratio stands for the entire second half. This results in an even distribution of gender ratios within a mixed game.
If you are unable to register for the league and would like to sign up as a sub for the Winter Toque League, please use this form.